BLOG NOTABLE!

Monday, December 01, 2008

ghost world





ENID
(thoughtful pause)
I wonder if I hang around with you
because you're like my surrogate
mother figure or something. Like I
have this subconscious biological
need to be nagged and bitched at
constantly.

REBECCA
You hang out with me because nobody
else can stand to be around you.

ENID
Or maybe... did you ever think that
deep down we really might be
lesbos? Maybe that's why we spend
so much time together.

REBECCA
You're gross.
(pause)
See that guy?

ENID
Which one?

REBECCA
He gives me a total boner!

ENID
He's like the biggest idiot of all
time!

The guy, a COLLEGE SOPHOMORE, walks by them with two friends.

COLLEGE SOPHOMORE
Are you guys up for some reggae
tonight?

REBECCA
Okay, you're right.

ENID
(whispers)
Heads up.

An earnest "ALTERNATIVE-ROCK" GUY approaches Rebecca. He
hands her a flyer.

GUY
Hey, my band is playing here on
Friday night and uh... there's
gonna be a bunch of cool bands
playing and stuff and you don't
have to pay if you show this flyer
at the door... you should come
check it out.

REBECCA
(shyly)
Thanks ...
(she looks away)
Enid takes the flyer from Rebecca.
There are a bunch of bands listed.

ENID
Which one is your band?

GUY
Alien Autopsy.

ENID
(sarcastic)
Bitchin'.

GUY
(embarrassing pause; then,
to Rebecca)
Yeah, well... maybe I'll see you
there...
(pause; walks away)

ENID
What a dork!

REBECCA
You're just jealous.

ENID
Yeah, right... Believe me, at this
point I'm over the fact that every
single guy likes you better than
me!

REBECCA
Face it, you hate every single boy
on the face of the earth!

ENID
That's not true, I just hate all
these obnoxious, extroverted,
pseudo-bohemian losers!
(sad pause)
Sometimes I think I act so weird
because I'm crazy from sexual
frustration.

REBECCA
Haven't you heard about the miracle
of masturbation?

ENID
(sighs)
... maybe we should be lesbos ...

REBECCA
Get away from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home