BLOG NOTABLE!

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Bergman habla (más) de Tarkovski

When film is not a document, it is dream. That is why Tarkovsky is the greatest of them all. He moves with such naturalness in the room of dreams. He doesn't explain. What should he explain anyhow? He is a spectator, capable of staging his visions in the most unwieldy but, in a way, the most willing of media. All my life I have hammered on the doors of the rooms in which he moves so naturally. Only a few times have I managed to creep inside. Most of my conscious efforts have ended in embarrassing failure - THE SERPENT'S EGG, THE TOUCH, FACE TO FACE and so on.

Fellini, Kurosawa and Bunuel move in the same fields as Tarkovsky. Antonioni was on his way, but expired, suffocated by his own tediousness. Melies was always there without having to think about it. He was a magician by profession.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everybody! I don't know where to begin but hope this place will be useful for me.
Hope to receive some assistance from you if I will have any quesitons.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home